Franciscans Leave Limerick

Posted on 25. Jun, 2008, in Church Teachings, Community, VocationComments Off on Franciscans Leave Limerick

The Franciscans arrived in Limerick about 1279, and in 1824 settled in their premises in Henry St.  In the course of more than 730 years they have been supported and heartened by the people of Limerick and its environs.  Eileen Good spoke to Fr. Cletus Noone, Vicar of the Friary, prior to their final Mass on June 13th, she first asked him why after all these centuries they were leaving Limerick.

Comments are closed.